My go to credit card while shopping – couponing is Chase Freedom here is why;
Couponing has been a great way to help my family save so much through the years, not only it has benefited my family but we have been able to give items away which is truly a joy. But then I realized there are so many other ways I could continue on saving my family through other sources. This way was a little harder for me to consider since I was on the envelope system, which meant set a side cash for our expenses and avoid using credit cards. Since we were pretty good with the budget and used the envelope system for a few years, we felt it was okay to consider this promotion and so we did.
This quarter it includes Grocery shopping, so for all of my grocery spending I am using this credit card to pay for them. This card has no annual fee which is perfect to start with, it also includes a bonus when you follow the requirement which is spend $500 within the first 3 months of the card being opened. Those points we used for FREE travel, I truly love Chase Ultimate Rewards Points they have helped me save a few of our Plane Tickets to places like Hawaii, Venice Italy and soon Spain. This is to show that you can save a lot not only through couponing but other ways as well.
On this months grocery trips to places like Publix, Walmart and Target I can pay with this credit card and earn 5x the points. If you want to read more into it I explained how I use the points for travel (such as flights – hotels) click here
- EARN A $150 BONUS = 15,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (when you spent $500 using the credit card on the first 3 months when the account opened)
- EARN A $25 BONUS = 2,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points (when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3 month period)
- EARN 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (on up to $1,500 in spending) in rotating categories each quarter when you activate the bonus. (This quarter bonus is shopping at Grocery & Wholesale Clubs)
- EARN Visa card perks (previously just for having a Visa Credit Card we received FREE movie tickets and special offers) Find out more for Visa Offers discounts and perks.
- TRANSFER points earned on the Chase Freedom to Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- NO ANNUAL FEE (you can earn bonus & cash back using the Chase Freedom with no annual fee to worry about)
So, why is it important for me to earn some Chase Ultimate Rewards points?
- Why not get points or (rewarded) for making purchases I all ready planned to do?? Lets, be honest we save as much as we can with coupons, deals and bogo offers but at the end of each transaction we still have to pay even if is a little bit out of pocket, so why not get rewarded for the amount we are about to pay? That is the advantage of having a bonus credit card comes in. If for every transaction I made following category by quarter which is up to $1500 I will get $75 cash back or 7500 in Rewards Points I can be closer to a future trip.
- $1500 Cash Back @ 5% = $75 or 7500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- Bonus $150 or 15000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
Thats a total of $225 or 22,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- After earning your points you can either redeem them for cash back or with a premier Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card such as (Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred) you can transfer the points to that credit card account. If you select to transfer your points to one of the premier credit cards mentioned you can use those points in the Chase travel portal or transfer them to a partner loyalty program.
Hope this help you see you can too get closer to some vacation/trip goals..